Pages

Monday, October 02, 2006

Quick and Easy Pancit Canton

I really have no clue what I was going to cook last Saturday for our dinner. I wanted something easy to prepare at the same time filling enough for us. I suddenly noticed some extra canton noodles stashed away in the cabinet. My husband used to ask me a month ago when I was going to cook it. I've always responded I'm not sure. I totally forgot about it. So I thought I don't have any excuse anymore not to use it this time. I decided then that I'll cook Pancit Canton. I prefer canton noodles instead of bihon when making pancit because when I use bihon it always end up some portions of the noodles are not fully cooked. With pancit canton minimal effort is needed to mix the noodles. Also it's a lot easier for the kids to eat.


Quick and Easy Pancit Canton

150 grms canton noodles
1 onion chopped
1 garlic chopped
1 tomato chopped
10 grms (about 1 ½ small pack) Ginisa Mix
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 carrot, julienned
1 cup french beans, julienned
6 pcs prawn balls, quartered
½ cup pork sliced thinly
10 medium sized shrimp
pepper to taste
½ cup water
2 tbsp oil

1.Soak canton noodles in water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2.Saute garlic,onion and tomato in oil. Add pork. Continue stirring until brownish in color.
3.Add shrimp and prawn balls. Stir fry until all the meats are cooked.
4.Add water, soy sauce, oyster sauce. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5.Add vegetables and canton noodles.
6.Season with ginisa flavor mix and pepper. Stir continously. Wait until liquid dries up.
7.Serve with calamansi.

No comments: