I was intending to make avocado cheesecake but unfortunately the avocados that I bought were still unripe. It would be my first to use the fruit and I really have no idea how to tell if it's ripe or not. I already made the base before I even knew that I couldn't use the fruit. I decided to go ahead with the plan but instead I used a different filling...the usual things I have on hand...chocolates :)
55 grams butter, melted
100 grams Digestive biscuits, finely crushed
1 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
35 grams toasted and chopped shelled pistaschios
1. Combine all ingredients. Press mixture into 7-inch springform pan. Chill.
200 ml pure cream
250 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese Light
1/4 cup condensed milk (low fat)
1 tsp vanilla
200 grams Toblerone (white), melted
2 tsp gelatine dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
1.Heat gelatine in the microwave until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
2.Beat cream cheese, milk, and vanilla. Beat in the cream. Stir through the gelatine mixture and melted Toblerone.
85 grams bittersweet chocolate, coursely chopped
scant 1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from heat and add the chocolate and vanilla to the pan. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Cool.
1. Pour filling on chilled biscuit base. Cover and chill at least an hour.
2. While the cheese cake is being chilled, make the ganache.
3. Spread ganache on top of the chilled cheesecake.
4. Chill at least 8 hours before serving.