Pages

Monday, June 04, 2007

An Interview with Brilynn

I made some Chewy, Chunkie Blondies from Dorie's book and I took the opportunity to enjoy these treats while answering Brilynn's questions.




1. Name three people ( dead or alive, real or fictional ) who you want to have dinner with and what would you have?

First on my list would be Dorie Greenspan because I admire her for her works and I firmly believe she's a beautiful person inside and out. Although I haven't met her in person, I have this feeling she's a very gentle and kind soul.

Second would be my favorite cartoon character, Astroboy. I enjoyed watching the cartoon series when I was young and even until now I still find him adorable and endearing.




Third would be Kwon Sang-woo. He is a korean actor and I find him drop dead gorgeous. I have a crush on him *blush* (with the consent of my hubby of course!)



I'm not pretty sure I could swallow my food if by any chance I'd have dinner with them but given the chance I think I would definitely have some seafood dishes, my favorite Baked Zitti from Sbarro (garlic bread included) and I would surely have some chocolate cake for me and astroboy to enjoy.

2.What country would you most like to visit for it's food?

That would definitely be Paris, France. The reason is pretty obvious, I'd like to have a taste of the glorious food I have only known in books. I too would like to be awed and amazed with all the gastromic feast Paris has to offer.

3.What's the best meal and worst meal that you've ever eaten?
I'm not really picky when it comes to food but I've always mentioned how I like pasta and seafood dishes. Filipino foods would be my first favorite regardless where I'm living right now. Things that really puts me off are those food which have very strong smell.

4.Is there anything that you would never eat and why?
Frogs. I've always been scared of frogs. I find them so creepy and I would definitely not have them as food. In my country there are certain frogs which are actually eaten. Here in Singapore there are also foods which uses frog as an ingredient. They say frogs meat taste like chicken meat but regardless, I don't think I would have the courage to eat one.

5.What made you decide to start a food blog?
Making my first frosted chocolate cake for my husbands birthday last year somehow prompted me to start a food blog. My kids encouraged me to make one so they can view the foods I usually make. They think it's so cool to take photos of food. Another reason would also be because food blogging is more productive than playing computer games. lol! This may sound funny, but having three boys (including my hubby) in the family somehow infected me to like computer games as well. There was a time when I've been pretty hooked up in playing that I totally forgot to cook dinner. I've always enjoyed playing Cake Mania and Diner Dash. Now things are really different. Food blogging as a whole is pretty complicated. Learning cooking and baking techniques is requires hard work and patience. Taking photo's is also one aspect I find I need to improve on because I couldn't rely everything on what my camera can do. It requires skills and talent to be able to produce fantastic results. Lastly, blogging is time consuming and requires a lot of thinking to be able to produce a nice post. As you might have noticed, I am not into details especially when I post recipes, because basically I'm not that type of person who is so spontaneous when it come to ideas and thoughts. My English is poor and my pictures are not so good either but one thing I could share with my fellow foodies is my passion for food.

So there it goes, a little something about myself. Thanks Brilynn for the wonderful questions :)

Directions for the Interview Meme
1. Leave a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. Beware, I'm not shy of asking personal questions! Please make sure I have your email address.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

5 comments:

ok, dispencer said...

I WANNA EAT YOUR BROWNIES!

evan said...

hey anne, now i know a little more abt you :p actually frogs are nice, they do indeed taste like chicken! in singapore they like to cook it in spring onion & ginger in a claypot. maybe one day i will secretly cook it and ask u to do a taste test. who knows you'll be asking for second helpings hehe. and yes, i wanna visit paris too! but thats after i visit korea :p

Brilynn said...

Thanks for answering! And I assure you, Dorie is even nicer in person than you could even imagine!

CollyWolly said...

YUM! those blondies look really good. Good to get to know you a little better Anne, thanks for the post. Definitely no froggies for me either....... :)

Anne said...

ok dispenser, thanks for dropping by :)

evan, ha!ha! you can't make me eat one :) anyway, if not for the food thing I would definitely choose Korea over Paris

Brilynn, I take your word since you've actually met here. wow! your very lucky :)

collywolly, hi! yes thats right, no froggies for us :)