Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sweet Way

I love apples. It's one fruit that I religiously eat everyday. My favorite apples are Korean apples (by far they are the sweetest I've ever tasted ), New Zealand Pacific Queen Gala apple and Ariane French apple. For baking I prefer Pink Lady because of it's crisp texture and tart sweet flavour. But because Pink Lady is not available all year round, Granny Smith apples are good substitute.



Apple Butterscotch Grunt


I always make sure that I replenish my supply often and in so doing at times I end up with a lot of apples in my fridge. I've always preferred my apples eaten as it is but on certain occasions I also indulge in sweet bakes. One way to use them up is to make an apple grunt. Apple grunt is quite similar to apple pie. What I like about apple grunt is that you don't need to make a crust, instead you load them up with streusel topping which I really love.

You can find the recipe for Apple Butterscotch Grunt here.

1 comment:

wendyywy @ Table for 2 or more..... said...

Oh.. looks pretty similiar to a cobbler.
Nice way to use up apples :)