Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Baking # 1

Sorry if my blog postings  has been erratic. November has been a very busy month for me, with school year coming to an end and both my kids having their seasonal allergies that I have to bring them to the clinic quite often. I've also been busy preparing since we will be away during the holiday season. My family will  be spending Christmas in the Philippines. I'm so excited :-)

Although, I haven't been baking much, I'll try to post some recipes that I've tried.


Nutella Bread Pudding


Nutella Bread Pudding

7 slices lightly toasted white sandwich bread (trim the sides)
Nutella

Custard :
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream
 1 cup whole milk

2 tbsp melted butter

Spread Nutella filling over one size of each bread slice then cut into quarters. Arrange in a baking dish.

To make the custard, whisk the eggs,sugar, salt, and vanilla in  a bowl just until blended. Stir in milk. Pour mixture  over the bread and let stand for 20 minutes.

Drizzle melted butter.

Preheat oven to 325 F

Boil some water.

Put a  large pan on the lower third of the oven. Put the baking dish on the larger baking pan. Pour boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes.







No comments: